Loving Parent Lunchtime Meetings ACA
Below is a appreviated notes sheet you can have open when hosting, you can use it to remind you of the steps (no, not those steps...) and to cut and paste PHRASES into chat or DMs to suspects in WAITING. This CHEAT SHEET is included as a separate file by this author (kca).
- Log in as Host
- ask someone to be co-host
- Adjust 'Security' at bottom of screen:
- uncheck all except CHAT, UNMUTE THEMSELVES, and possibly START VIDEO.
If meeting is "Audio Only"
If meeting is "Video Optional"
- Bring up the 'Participants' list
- at bottom you should see the "Mute All" button
- ...THIS is your first line of defense
- DISRUPTION ACTIONS:
- scan/identify, SUSPEND, uncheck CHAT,
- unmute and say "Security measures are now active, please stand by, we're working to safe the meeting, no need to leave",
- post into chat "Security measures are now active, please stand by, we're working to safe the meeting, no need to leave".
- enable WAITING,
- send suspects to WAITING,
- unmute and say "Hosts, let's try to resume the meeting now.
- Chat will be disabled until the end of the meeting",
- query suspects in WAITING with "Our meeting was just disrupted, please turn on your video to be let into the meeting from the waiting room, it will turn off upon entry" ,
- let others in after 10 seconds, quarantine suspects in WAITING with
- "Sorry, you are suspected of being a disruptor and will not be allowed into this meeting. If you are not a disruptor, we are sincerely sorry this is happening to you; it's our best effort to keep the meeting safe, and you will NOT be considered a suspected disruptor once this meeting is over.", if all else fails, LOCK.
All ACA groups or online meetings that would like to join ACA Fellow World Travelers – ACA Intergroup IG#728 for help and support are more than are welcome.